Sunday, November 25, 2012

Day 25 In Him we find...

 
Have you ever seen something and it just took your breath away? Maybe it was a sunset or seeing your newborn baby for the first time. One of my breath stealer moments would have to be when I saw the Grand Canyon in person. To be honest, I wasn't real excited about going to see it. Canyons just weren't my thing. I was excited to cross it off my bucket list, but despite all the amazing stories I had heard about the Grand Canyon, I didn't think I would be blown away. Ha! I was wrong. 
 
Maybe it was because I had never really seen a canyon before in my life, but I'm convinced even if I lived in a canyon, I would still be amazed. When I got out of the car and walked towards the fenced edge (definitely thankful for that fence), I was speechless as I looked across and down into the massive canyon. Words can't describe what I saw. Pictures definitely do not do it justice. No way. If you haven't been to the Grand Canyon, I recommend that you do! It is surely a majestic sight to see.
(Like I said, pictures don't do it justice, but it's still pretty amazing!)
 
As I took it all in, all I could think was, "Wow, God made that." God's glory was magnified to me that day. Yes, I knew God was full of majesty and splendor, but this moment was a small reminder (more like HUGE reminder). Not only did He make the Grand Canyon, but He made Niagra Falls, Mt. Everest, every single grain of sand, and everything in between. We can't forget that He created all the other planets, as well as the many galaxies.  He has also created our intricate bodies and every necessary detail. Without God there would be nothing. All glory stems from Him and no one else. We should be in awe of all that He has created.

"Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and the earth is Yours; Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and Yours it is to be exalted as Head over all." ~1 Chronicles 29:11

In Him we find glory.
 
 
 
Please, please check out this video (there are more too!) by Louie Giglio- you won't regret it.
 
post signature
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Be blessed :)