Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day 11 In Him we find...

 
You know how in school, teachers would often give test reviews? Don't worry, I'm not going to give you a test, however, I could ;) Just kidding. Anyway, even though we're not taking a test, I think it would be good to review the past 10 days of "In Him we find..." By the way, thank you for joining me in this series!! Okay, lets break it down:
In Him we find...
That's good stuff, if you ask me! The best part is that we're only 11 days in!
 
So today we were watching church on the computer, (since the stomach bug is still visiting) and let me tell you, God gave me a few days of posts for this series. Lots of lightbulbs turned on during the sermon (I love when that happens!). Don't you love it when things become clear to you? What about when bad things become clear to you? Like when your pastor is talking about coveting and you feel like you've been stabbed in the stomach with a spotlight on you and everyone watching, because you know you've been in the business of coveting lately. Not a good feeling, huh? What about when you are going to do something that you know probably isn't the right thing to do and you get this yucky, gut feeling and you realize,
"Hm maybe I shouldn't do this." 
That my friend, is called conviction.
 Maybe it's just me, but the word even sounds scary.
 
Out of God's goodness, He convicts us of being guilty of doing wrong. Now you may be thinking, how is that a good thing? I'll explain more about that in upcoming posts. Although being convicted can sting and hurt, good can come out of it. We should be thankful for these moments of conviction or "wake up calls" because it shows us that God sees what goes on in our lives. It's like He's waving His red flag, hoping that we will take notice and turn around before our sin multiplies. He doesn't have to convict us, but He does. How awesome is that?!
 
"Conviction of sin is one of the rarest things that ever strikes a man. It is the threshold of an understanding of God. Jesus Christ said that when the Holy Spirit came He would convict of sin, and when the Holy Spirit rouses the conscience and brings him into the presence of God, it is not his relationship with men that bothers him, but his relationship with God." ~Oswald Chambers
 
"When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment." ~John 16:8
 
So what is God convicting you of today?
 
Happy Sunday & if you're reading along with me, today is a catch up day! Read until John 6 :) See ya tomorrow for another day of "In Him we find..."! (It has to do with today's post so you won't want to miss out!)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Be blessed :)