Monday, November 19, 2012

Day 19 In Him we find...

 
You know how news reporters like to say "hunker down" or "find shelter" when broadcasting about a hurricane? Even if you haven't experienced an actual hurricane, I'm sure your life has been windy and rough at times. I'm sure you've just wanted to escape and run for cover.
 
Psalm 46:1 says, "God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change And though the mountains slip into the heart of the seaThough its waters roar and foam, Though the mountains quake at its swelling pride. SelahThere is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, The holy dwelling places of the Most HighGod is in the midst of her, she will not be moved ; God will help her when morning dawns." I think that paints such a pretty picture. I picture people hiding under God, taking cover from all the havoc around them. He's not a flimsy roof with thin walls, but a strong, concrete roof with concrete walls, where nothing can bring it down. Everything outside of the shelter is rough, but everything inside the shelter is calm because it is safe from all harm. Ah I love it.
 
In Him we find refuge.
 
Today's scripture for the read-your-Bible-in-a-year plan is Acts 1-3.
post signature

3 comments:

  1. Yes! As I was reading this I thought of Him as our Rock. God is over us, under us, around us - that's an exhilarating idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah-great point!! Talk about stability!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me think of how Jesus calmed the storm. Peace, be still. He is always there, we just have to call on Him in times of trouble, when we are in need if refuge.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Be blessed :)