Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Why me?! Part One

So it's been awhile since I have posted. It's been a rough, busy week , but I'm back now! I want to say as a disclaimer that what I'm about to talk about (as well as all my other posts) you may not agree with and that's totally fine! Just speaking my mind :) So let's be honest...we have all said the infamous two word phrase, "why me?!" In the past six months, I have said these two words quite often. In fact, I have used this phrase many times in the last 22 years of my life. Well, maybe not when I was a baby, but you get what I'm saying. Anyway, whenever I face hard times I often wonder "why me?!" Really, I should be saying, "why NOT me?!" For me to think that my life should be all rosy 24/7 is pretty ridiculous. I have done nothing to deserve a perfect life. I'm human. I mess up. How can I expect a perfect life when I'm not perfect? The truth is I live in a world full of crap because the world is full of non perfect people. The only hope that gets me through is that heaven IS a perfect place and I can't wait to be there. My point is...when bad things happen I shouldn't scream at the top of my lungs, "why me?!" A great friend who is in ministry pointed out that in Psalm 23 it says, "He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside still waters." Obviously since it states "green pastures" and "still waters", that shows us that there are brown pastures and rough waters that we'll face, BUT God is always with us. Isaiah 43:1-2 says, "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." I think it is pretty clear that life here on earth isn't supposed to be easy. It's how you deal with the tough times that matter, as well as how you cherish the good times. I'll talk more about that part on my next blog post. So next time you are about to scream "why me?!", remember it was never promised that life would be easy. Most importantly, remember that the creator of the universe has your back! PS- check out "If You Want Me To" by Ginny Owens. It's a great song :) Be encouraged today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Be blessed :)