Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Flying with Intention

So this morning I was sitting on the deck and something caught my eye...a butterfly. I know you are probably thinking, "Gosh, she keeps on talking about butterflies!" I don't know why, but maybe I'm supposed to learn a thing or two from butterflies. So I'm watching this one big, orange butterfly and I notice it keeps flying back to the same flower. It would fly to others, but it would consistently come back to this same pink flower. Obviously butterflies don't have much to do, other than fly and collect nectar. Sounds kind of boring, if you ask me, but anyway, I'm digressing. In order for a butterfly to live, they must eat (just like us) nectar from flowers, pollen, and other different things. Therefore, the source of their life is nectar. They have to go back to it to keep living. We as humans also live off of food, however, there is a deeper source of life...God. Yes, food keeps me noursihed, but I really believe that I have life because of Jesus Christ. In the Bible, John 14:6 says, "Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." So my nectar is God. (I really hope this makes sense.) In order to live I must always go back to God, just like the butterfly kept going back to that one flower. Do I always go to God? No, I don't. I try my hardest and I will fail at times, but I should always remember that He is the source of my life. My intention should always be to turn to God. It may not be easy, but that should always be our intention. I also realized that not only was the nectar that butterfly's lifeline, it was also the lifeline for many other insects and plants. That butterfly was getting the nectar/pollen from that one flower and then spreading that pollen to other flowers. Through this process of pollination, flowers grow and insects feed on them in order to stay alive. So how does that relate to us? When we go back to God, He nourishes us so that we may be able to spread His love, grace and forgiveness to others. The trick is always going back to Him just like the butterfly was flying with intention. So think about it....who is your source of life? What are your intentions with life? Are you flying with intention or are you just flying for the sake of it? I hope this made sense to you. My explanation might have been a little flawed, but I thought it was a good analogy. This "aha" moment was just a good reminder of what I'm supposed to do and it made me realize how intricately God made this world. Desperation Band sings a great song called "Rescue". It talks about God being the source of life. I love it! Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Be blessed :)