Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Everything happens for a reason

When you've faced trials in your life, I'm sure you've heard the common phrase, "everything happens for a reason". A lot of times that phrase doesn't make us feel any better about the situation we are in, but I think it should. Since I've had a lot of down time the past 7 months, I have had plenty of time to meditate on the past 22 years of my life. Ever since I was little I always had my life planned out to a T. I look at my life now and is it anything I had planned...no! For instance, I always said I would never go to Sam Houston State University and where did I graduate from? Exactly, SHSU. Obviously, I never planned to have Lyme Disease, but I do. I always wanted to be in broadcast journalism and be a host on Good Morning America...am I? No. Maybe one day, you never know! I planned on meeting my husband in college....did I? I don't think I did haha. If I did, I don't know it. So it's clear that my life has not gone the way I had planned. Am I angry about it? No, I'm not. Even though it hasn't been easy, I know that everything has happened for a reason. God planned it better than I could. It's really cool to see how the puzzle pieces have come together so far. There was a reason I went to SHSU and if God hadn't pulled me there, I wouldn't have been a part of an amazing college ministry. I wouldn't have met some of my best friends. I wouldn't have had so many awesome experiences. Most importantly, I believe my faith wouldn't have grown like it has. While I was at SHSU I didn't really see what God was planning, but now I do and boy, am I impressed! I mean who wouldn't be impressed by the creator of the universe?! Looking back and seeing how God has clearly placed people and situations in my life to help me is so encouraging. I truly believe everything happens for a reason. Through a guy I met, I was introduced to a wonderful girl who also has Lyme Disease. Without knowing her, I think I would be lost during this Lyme journey. Although Lyme Disease really stinks, I know that God has a purpose through all of it. Even right now I don't understand why certain things have happened, but I have hope that one day I will. I can trust that God knows what He's doing. I definitely can't trust myself because I mess up all the time. Isaiah 55:8-9 says, "'For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,' declares the Lord. 'For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.'" So if you're at a point in your life and you just don't understand why things are happening or why things aren't happening, remember that everything happens for a reason. All you need to do is trust that God is putting the puzzle pieces together, piece by piece. You see some puzzle pieces, but God sees the full puzzle. Think about how things have fallen into place in your life and be thankful for each puzzle piece. Continue to trust in God's plan for you while being obedient in His will. Be blessed today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Be blessed :)