Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Now that I know...

Some of you may know that the past 15 weeks, I've been taking a college class called Perspectives on the World Christian Movement. Honestly, I wasn't really interested in the class, mainly because it cost money to take it and I'm rather...well, cheap. My sister wanted to go check it out and I was willing, because the first 2 classes were free and sure enough, just after sitting in the first class, their trick of luring me in had worked. I decided I would enroll in the class and commit the next 15 weeks to this class, every Tuesday night in hopes to learn some interesting information.

Well, last night was the last class of the course and I not only left the class with interesting information, but a better understanding of God's heart. 
A heart for the nations. 



Yes, as a child, I would sing...
"Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world. 
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in His sight.
Jesus loves the little children of the world."
As I sang this song, I truly believed that Jesus loves every single person in the world, but I didn't realize that He wants me to be a part of His redemptive story by having a heart for the nations.

Now that the class is over and I've racked my brain of all the statistics, where does it leave me?
You would think I'd be at the finish line, with my arms lifted high in the air in celebration of this great course and being done with homework, but I'm not.
In actuality, I'm just at the starting gate. 

With all of this life changing information, I can't simply pass the baton off, but I have to keep running. 
With all of this information, I am held responsible to use it.
The truth is, the world will not come to know the truth of Jesus Christ with the mindset of, 
"well, I'll just sit here and everyone else can get busy telling people about Jesus."
You know why?
Because there is a good chance, a lot of other people are thinking the same thing, leaving no one to make disciples of all nations.

I hope all this doesn't sound like gibberish to you, but the main idea is this:
If we know that there are hurting and lost people out there, searching and longing for hope,
how can we possibly sit idle and do nothing about it?
It's completely different if we don't have a clue about what's going on in the world, but if we do, we are held responsible for doing something about it.
God calls us to love and to serve.

This class has opened my eyes to the importance of reaching out to others, whether overseas or at home, and sharing the hope we so dearly hold onto...Jesus Christ. What a privilege it is to know that God wants me a part of His team. He wants you to be a part of His team, too.

With that being said, I need you to do me a favor. Would you, please?
Will you pray that I hold onto all the information I have learned, instead of it going to waste?
Will you pray that I continue to hunger for God and His glory among the nations?
I would love for you to email me and ask me how my walk with the Lord and my quest to love the nations is going, that way I can be held accountable!

I really appreciate your prayers & accountability, but this isn't all about me...it's about you, too!
Will you declare with me, this.....
"Lord, by your grace and for your glory, I will commit my life to obeying your Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."), wherever and however you lead me."
We should trust, submit and follow.

The class coordinator warned us the first night of class...."this is going to change your life," and man, was he right! If you are interested in taking this class (which I highly recommend), check out www.perspectives.org to find a class near you. 

Thank you again for your prayers & accountability!

Don't forget to pray for the unreached people group of the day!

Here are some of my other posts talking about the Perspectives class:

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great class to take. I think every Christian needs to have a fire lit in our hearts to spread the good news. Keep us posted on your successes!

    XOXO,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Meredith!
      It really was an awesome class! I'll definitely keep you all posted :)
      Blessings!
      Chelsea

      Delete

I'm so glad you stopped by! I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Be blessed :)