Monday, May 6, 2013

Got my thinking cap on


 
I don't know about you, but I like to think.
My thinking cap is almost always on.
The 'what-if's  tend to boggle my mind.
The 'I wonder's like to creep in.
The 'I wish's tend to take over.
I mean, I'm not the only one, right?
 
It's not that I dwell on the past.
I know that the past is past, but when it comes to the future, that's a whole other story.
My mind just loves to jump ahead, but my feet just can't keep up.
I think that's pretty normal for us, human beings.
If only, we could see ahead.
If only, we could find out what's next.
I'm always thinking about the uncertain.
What about you?
 
I don't think it's necessarily a problem to think about the uncertain future that lies in front of us.
However, when it starts to take over and the thoughts turn into worries, it becomes a problem.
 
The truth is, God holds us in His hands.
In His hands, not only does He hold our present, but He holds our future.
This truth should create an overwhelming excitement in our hearts that allows us to be certain in uncertainty.

Jeremiah 29:11 - 'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.'"
 
If it all depended on me, I wouldn't be able to be confident in the unknown, but knowing that God has it under control is such a relief! I hope this amazing truth gives you relief and creates a yearning to be in God's will, because it is never too late to put your faith in Him!
 
I love what Oswald Chambers says in "My Utmost for His Highest", "Leave everything to Him and it will be gloriously and graciously uncertain how He will come in - but you can be certain that He will come. Remain faithful to Him."
 
Don't forget to pray for the unreached people group of the day!

Reading plan for the week:
Today: 2 Samuel 4-7
Tuesday: 2 Samuel 8-12
Wednesday: 2 Samuel 13-15
Thursday: 2 Samuel 16-18
Friday: 2 Samuel 19:21
Saturday: 2 Samuel 22-24
 
 
post signature


2 comments:

  1. Ah, you are not the only one and amen! So grateful for His hand in my life and His plan for my future. I am constantly asking for more Faith, Lord give me more! What a sweet and encouraging post:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi for those sweet words :) What an awesome request...more faith...we can never have too much faith! Be blessed :)

      Delete

I'm so glad you stopped by! I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Be blessed :)