Monday, March 31, 2014

Music Monday: Jesus Draw Me Ever Nearer


Normally, Music Monday consists of a contemporary song, but today the song is more of an anthem or sacred prayer. The choir sang this yesterday at church and the lyrics really touched my heart.
I think we can all relate to the lyrics.


Jesus Draw Me Ever Nearer
By James Koerts
"Jesus draw me ever nearer as I labor through the storm.
You have called me to this passage, and I'll follow though I'm worn.
May this journey bring a blessing, may I rise on wings of faith, and at the end of my heart's testing, with your likeness let me wake.

Jesus guide me through the tempest, keep my spirit staid and sure. 
When the midnight meets the morning, let me love You even more.
May this journey bring a blessing, may I rise on wings of faith; and at the end of my heart's testing, with Your likeness let me wake. 

Let the treasures of the trial form within me as I go.
And at the end of this long passage, let me leave them at Your throne.
May this journey bring a blessing, may I rise on wings of faith; and at the end of my heart's testing,
 with Your likeness let me wake. Let me wake."

My favorite lyrics would have to be, 
"Let the treasures of the trial form within me as I go.
And at the end of this long passage, let me leave them at Your throne."

Instead of letting a trial simply be a trial, finding the treasure in it can help us transcend the negative.
Of course, the trial may linger and make it difficult to find hope.
It may bring out raw emotions.
It may seem impossible to find the treasure in it, but I think with God's help, at some point we can find the treasure.

More importantly, instead of holding onto the hurt and trial, we should "leave them at Your throne".
When we do that, we experience the freedom that only Jesus can give.
That can almost be the hardest part, letting go of the hurt and holding onto the anger, but if we don't, we will only walk upon a path of darkness and hopelessness.

What lyrics speak to you?
I'd love to hear from you!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Be blessed :)