Monday, March 24, 2014

Music Monday: I Need You


This week's song is one of my all time favorites..."Lord, I Need You"
 by Matt Maher and Audrey Assad.
There are times when I'm overwhelmed. Times when I'm weak. Times when I can't see the light. In these times, all I can say is, "I need You, Lord." 
A cry out to God that centers my everything around Him, because He is my everything.
I feel like sometimes we can get wrapped up in the world and forget how badly we need God. 
When we are reminded how badly we need God, I believe our faith naturally becomes stronger. 



"Lord, I come, I confess
Bowing here I find my rest
Without You I fall apart
You're the One that guides my heart

Lord, I need You, oh, I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You

Where sin runs deep Your grace is more
Where grace is found is where You are
And where You are, Lord, I am free
Holiness is Christ in me

Teach my song to rise to You
When temptation comes my way
And when I cannot stand I'll fall on You
Jesus, you're my hope and stay."

This whole song is meaningful to me, but I especially love this verse...
"Where sin runs deep Your grace is more

Where grace is found is where You are
And where You are, Lord, I am free
Holiness is Christ in me." 

It's such a wonderful realization of knowing that God's grace
 is more than my sin instead of vice versa. 
Also, understanding that when we focus on what Christ has done for us and what He is doing in us, it's very difficult to feel overwhelmed, weak, and hopeless. 

What speaks to you in this song?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Be blessed :)