Monday, March 17, 2014

Music Monday: Love is War


This week's song is "Love is War" by Hillsong United. My awesome friend, Marissa, actually suggested this song and I'm glad she did, because I had never heard it before.
I have a feeling that many Music Monday's will feature Hillsong United...they just have such powerful lyrics that are hard to ignore!



"In Your justice and Your mercy
Heaven walked the broken road
Here to fight this sinner's battle
Here to make my fall Your own

Turn my eyes to see Your face
As all my fears surrender
Hold my heart within this grace
Where burden turns to wonder

I will fight to follow
I will fight for love
To throw my life forever
Into the triumph of the Son

Let Your love be my companion
In the war against my pride
Long to break all vain obsession
Till You're all that I desire

Turn my eyes to see Your face
As all my fears surrender
Hold my heart within this grace
Where burden turns to wonder

I will fight to follow
I will fight for love
To throw my life forever
Into the triumph of the Son

And I know Your love has won it all
You took the fall
To embrace my sorrows
I know You took the fight
You came and died but the grave was borrowed
I know You stood again
So I can stand with a life to follow
In the light of Your name"

I think my favorite lyrics in this song are, 
"I will fight to follow...I will fight for love...to throw  my life forever into the triumph of the Son."
I think it shows that it isn't always easy to follow...but although it may be tough, I will still follow.
The same with love. The love that Jesus asks of us, can be difficult at times because of our own selfishness, but Jesus wants us to live in love, so we should fight for love. 
When we stand firm and persevere, we through our "lives forever into the triumph of the Son." Jesus is glorified when we overcome the inner struggle from within. 
This song is a great picture of how life can be challenging, it can feel like a battle at times, but in the end, Jesus always wins

What lyrics speak to you? 
Any suggestions for future Music Monday's? 

I'd love to hear your thoughts!
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Great song, I love the lyrics you picked out. I resonated with the lyrics about surrendering. What a beautiful part of faith, recognizing that sometimes we have to give up in order to receive :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth?! Thanks for sharing your thoughts :)

      Delete

I'm so glad you stopped by! I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Be blessed :)