Sorry I haven't been as consistent as I was last month. With Christmas around the corner and my 2 new,
lovely medicines that are causing me some pain, I've been either busy or resting. Anyway, I wanted to stop by for a little bit and let you in on some of the stuff I've been up to...
painting DIY 3D wall art...
and more painting...
(This little guy is a SUPER simple DIY Rudolph made out of a piece of wood, lightbulb, paint, glitter and branches. Maybe this is silly, but it was a fun little project.)
Also, I've been nominated for the Liebster award again! My new blogger friend, Cat, over at This Little Life of Mine nominated me. She is such a sweet woman of God with a moving testimony. I ran across her blog a couple weeks ago and told her about Alisa and Jaime's story. She even blogged about their story-so sweet! Please go check out her blog...you won't regret it! Thank you so much Cat! I nominated some blogs for this award a couple months ago and if I would have known you then, I would have nominated you in a heartbeat!
Since I just nominated a couple months ago, I'm going to wait a few more months to nominate again so that I can nominate new bloggers :)
These are the questions Cat asked me, so here's your chance to get to know me a little bit better :) I hope it's somewhat interesting! Haha.
- Why did you start blogging? I started blogging because I felt that God put it on my heart to share with others what He has taught me. Honestly, I had always hated the idea of "blogging" before and was totally against doing it...God has a funny sense of humor haha.
- Favorite Movie? Gah that is SO hard...how bout I list 3? A Walk to Remember, Remember the Titans & Accepted - this should tell you that I like Nicholas Sparks books/movies, football and comedies. What can I say- I'm a girl of variety!
- Favorite holiday tradition? I guess it would be decorating the tree and listening to Christmas music. What's even better is when the tree is all finished and we can sit back, drink some hot chocolate and enjoy our masterpiece.
- Who is your role model? I know this may be a Sunday School answer, but I would have to say Jesus. I have many people I look up to, but even though they are wonderful, they aren't perfect and the only perfect person is Jesus. He sets the example of how we should live.
- Movies or a book? I think it just depends on my mood because I like both. Right now-I would say movies.
- Do you have a favorite scripture? Just like my favorite movies, I have a tie of 3 or 5 or even 25 favorite bible verses. I'll just go with 3 right now- Jeremiah 29:11, Romans 8:28, Ephesians 4:1-6
- Where is your favorite place for vacation? Here's another tie..(I guess I just can't make a decision haha) Vegas & Destin, Florida-Vegas just has so many things to see & I like the weather. Destin is just gorgeous-nothing like crystal clear water and white sand!
- Are you ready for Christmas? Oh I'm ready for Christmas! I'm always ready for Christmas, but the real question is, am I prepared? No way. I have so much to do and so little time. I knew I should have gotten started earlier.
- Do you have any pet peeves? Hmm...tapping!! It could be nails tapping on a table or a foot tapping on the ground, whatever- it drives me nuts haha.
Mmm...I love that. God is with me (& you!) He is mighty to save (mighty-oh yeah!). He takes great delight in me/you (woa!). He quiets me/you with His love (He sure does!). He rejoices over us with singing (wow-I feel special!).
Rest in these truths & may they bring you peace.
Today's scripture for read-your-Bible-in-a-year plan was 1 Corinthians 12-14.