Thursday, September 6, 2012

Living in a birdcage

If you could be an animal, what would you be? Okay...think about it & we'll get back to that in a bit... So I don't know if Labor Day kicked my butt or what, but I have been totally beat the past few days. However, I've been a good patient...trust me! I didn't even need anyone to tell me to stop and take a break! In fact, I did a small craft project this morning and took quite a few breaks! Yay me!

So my project today is designed to match this project (below-sorry it's a little blurry) I did a couple of weeks ago for my mom's kitchen.



With that in mind, this was today's project.


Did you pick out the theme of both projects? Birds...freedom...you might say? Ding ding ding, you're correct...for both! I picked the first verse (2 Corinthians 3:17) because I like it and I'll be honest..I saw it on Pinterest. It was perfect for our kitchen because the theme is birds. Then, I saw something like today's project on Pinterest and I thought "that would be perfect for the kitchen!" So I did it. It was a lot of fun and I may do something like it again!

Back to my question...what animal would you be? This probably sounds silly, but stick with me. There is a point to this question, I promise. If you asked me this question yesterday, I would probably answer with a "horse," of course, but after I finished this project, my answer changed to a bird. You might say, "why?"Yeah I know some birds are locked up in cages in homes or at the zoo, so trust me, I wouldn't want to be one of those. I would want to be the bird that can fly anywhere at anytime! They are truly free. I guess you could say, "Well, Chelsea, wild horses are free." I would answer with, "But wouldn't the view from a birds viewpoint be much better than a horse??? I think so!" 

Good news though, you won't be seeing me with feathers trying to fly (thank goodness!). I don't need to be a bird because Jesus has set me free. Galations 5:1 (The Message) says, "Christ has set us free to live a free life. So take your stand! Never again let anyone put a harness of slavery on you." Because we are saved by Christ, we have all the possibilities right at our feet. He wants us to soar and reach new heights.  Isaiah 40:31 says, "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength,. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." With Him all things are possible (Matthew 19:26) , so we should never let fear or anything get in the way of what God wants us to do with our lives. Pray about it, seek God's guidance & then fly!

A lot of times sin can keep us locked up, just like a bird in a birdcage. Everywhere the bird turns, it sees bars and can't escape. God doesn't want us to feel like a bird in a birdcage. He wants us to feel like a free bird without rules and chains. In fact, He wants that for us so badly that He sent His only son, Jesus, to be crucified and resurrected. Romans 8:2 says, "because through Christ Jesus the law of the spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death." Just like Jesus was free from death because of His resurrection, we are free from our sins. When we give our lives to God and confess that we've messed up, striving for a new start, He gives us freedom! So let's live like free birds rather than caged birds (I don't know about you, but I'm claustrophobic anyway).

Oh yeah, the words "I sing because I'm happy....I sing because I'm free" is from Audrey Assad's song, "Sparrow" (love it)! Check it out if you'd like!






6 comments:

  1. Great stuff. I think I would be tiger - no one messes with tigers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I just checked out your site, you have some great stuff too!! You make a good point...I sure wouldn't mess with a tiger :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tigers are my favourite animal, but I'm not mean enough to be one haha! I'd have to be a housecat. Independant at times and cuddly when I want to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A housecat sounds pretty good to me! They get to lay around all the time and be cuddled when they want! :)

      Delete
  4. I can empathise with you on the illness front and how this can affect your life. I suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome and have done so for about 24yrs. My faith and hope for healing from my illness is what has kept me going. It is good you have craft projects etc to keep you going on the days you have energy. Hope is so important to have keep hope because you never know what is around the corner in a good way for you. I always loved giraffes but I'm not sure if I would want to be one, need to think about it more. Behind The Smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely have a lot in common...being ill and being grounded in faith. I'm so glad that you have hope. Never lose it!! Ooo giraffes! You would definitely have a unique perspective on things...I think that would be a pretty good animal to be! Plus, they're tough! I don't know if you've seen this video, but its pretty funny..check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-Kt_kuYVtU
      Prayers & blessings <3

      Delete

I'm so glad you stopped by! I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Be blessed :)