Tuesday, September 4, 2012

"Got to go through the fire..."

As stated in the previous post, today I am resting. No crafting. No cleaning. Nothing. I'm on the couch, exhausted (and out of it) so I've been reading and browsing YouTube. I found this really cool song and I don't know about you, but music really speaks to me. I guess you could say it's a therapy for me. I feel like God talks to me through music a lot. If you know me personally, you know that I like all types of music....country, classical, hip hop, gospel, oldies, but contemporary Christian has to be the most inspiring for me. I'm always looking for new artists and styles.

I stumbled upon a song called "Story of Grace" by United Pursuit Band and have fallen in love with it. The lyrics go like this....

"One way ticket to the lion’s den
Got to go through the fire so I can come out again Fight for my faith, live what I believe
Got to stand on my feet
And sing Oh I will sing

Jesus You’ve called me friend
Jesus You’ve made me what I am
Jesus You are my life within

Jesus You’ve called me friend

Yet in my weak frame
I’m calling on Your Name
Broke my heart with Your love
God I will love You the same
Forgiven oceans I am
Brought to my knees
The story of Your grace
It fills me with the theme

I will live by the light of the glory you shine on me
I will live by the grace that you offer so freely"
 
My favorite lyric has to be, "Got to go through the fire so I can come out again Fight for my faith, live what I believe, Got to stand on my feet And sing Oh I will sing." Sometimes we have to go through the fire so our faith will be strengthened. If you are going through the fire right now, ask God for strength and endurance. Trust that He will make you stronger and show you things you've never seen before.  That's what stands out to me. What lyric stands out to you the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Be blessed :)