Sunday, February 3, 2013

What a week...


First of all, I apologize for the long lapse of posting. This week has been crazy!!! So normally my job is part-time, but this week I was full-time due to my boss' family emergency. Great news though, I made it through the week! I am completely worn out, that's for sure, but I'm back to part-time this week.
Rest, rest, rest for me this week! I don't want a relapse, no siree.
 
My class is going really well! This week we learned about Cat and Dog theology. Sounds funny, huh? I'll give you a short summary...
 
Dogs say, "You feed me, you shelter me, you love me...You must be God."
Cats say, "You feed me, you shelter me, you love me...I must be God."
 
Dogs are all about giving God the glory. They worship God in their everyday lives in everything they do. They praise Him for who He is.
Cats are all about focusing on themselves. They worship God on their own time, usually on Sundays. They praise Him for what He does for them.
 
Dogs think, "What does God get?" when they read the Bible. They focus on every character of God...love, grace, discipline, wrath, mercy, sovereignty, etc.
Cats think, "What do I get?" when they read the Bible. They focus on God's blessings...only one aspect.
 
Dogs want God's will, whether they like it or not.
Cats want what they want, not God's will.
 
Everyone has at least a little bit of cat in them, because we are all humans. We can tend to focus on ourselves more than God, because we can be selfish. It's not fun to think about, but it's true.
 
So which one are you? Are you a dog or a cat?
Needless to say, that lesson was very interesting, convicting, and made me want to get rid of my selfish, cat ways.
If you want more information on Cat & Dog Theology, check it out here.
 
So work and class have been good, but yesterday I woke up to some very sad news. One of my best friend's mom died yesterday morning from cancer. I've never lost anyone close to me, so she is actually the closest person I've lost. I can't imagine how my best friend feels. I'm so happy for her mom because she is now pain free, walking on the streets of gold, hand in hand with Jesus. Gives me goose bumps (aka God bumps) everytime I think about it. However, my heart breaks for my friend and her family. I can't imagine losing someone as close as a mother or father. Please pray for my friend Katelyn and her family. That they may feel God's peace and rest knowing that one day they will meet her again. That they will be comforted in knowing that she now has a new body and is with her Savior for eternity. That they will feel blessed to have had so many wonderful years filled with many memories with such a wondeful, faithful woman. Also, please pray for me in that I can be the friend I'm supposed to be. That the Holy Spirit will give me the words when needed to speak words of encouragement. That the Holy Spirit will give me discernment when silence and a hug is needed. That God would give me the strength she needs. That God would make me a safe haven for her to come and express her hurts and doubts.  I'm pretty much at a loss for words so your prayers are appreciated!
 
Although she has left her earthly, temporary home, she is now in her permanent, heavenly home. I know that God is working through this for His glory. It's just hard to see and understand right now. Death happens...it's a part of life and this was just her time for God to call her home. You may have dealt with death before, but always know that God brings good from the bad.
 
So now that I'm on a part-time schedule again, I should be back soon!
I hope you all are doing well & giving God all the glory with your life :)
post signature
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Be blessed :)